Mountains and people - desires, dreams, passion, goals and experiences are born from this combination. They are, however, often accompanied by failures, pain, suffering and tragedies. Despite the risk, people are still looking for adventure, extreme challenges, excitement, peace and quiet in the mountains and for an opportunity to learn about themselves. Mountains and people are also hundreds of individual stories worth telling. They are a source of inspiration for filmmakers for future productions. Thanks to these images, viewers can be transported to the mountains. They can experience various emotions and reflect on what they see on the cinema screen. This year, at the OFF CINEMA Festival, we will have a chance not only to participate in mountain experiences captured on film but also to meet professionals during Q&A sessions after the screenings: with the Himalayan mountaineer Monika Witkowska, glaciologist Jakub Małecki, PhD, and the director of the Polish film about polar explorers, Ryszard Kruk.
kuratorka sekcji: Alicja Głów
Filmy w ramach sekcji:
· PASANG, dir. Nancy Svendsen, USA 2022, 71’
· THE SILENT ESCAPE, dir. Oswald Rodrigo Pereira, Poland 2023, 28’ + TO THE HILLS AND BACK, dir. Mike Quigley, Canada2022, 47’ / QA with director Oswald Rodrigo Pereira. Introduction: Alicja Głów
· ANT/ARCIT WOMEN, dir. Kuba Witek, Polska 2023, 58’ / QA with director Kuba Witek and film character Daga Bożek. Introduction: Alicja Głów
· SUBTERRANEAN, dir. François-Xavier De Ruydts, Canada2023, 86 / QA with Sonia Hoffmann and Witold Hoffmann. Introduction: Alicja Głów
· YUKON: A WHITE DREAM), dir. Mathieu Le Lay, France 2021, 52’ / screening in the Clock Tower